This article originally appeared on www.hotelclub.com/blog. which is now part of hotels.com
Over the past few years the fierce rivalry between Australia’s two biggest cities has only exploded. Sydney’s food, coffee and bar scenes have flourished, house prices and demand continue to sky rocket and its drawing more international tourists than any other Aussie city.
At the same time, Melbourne continues its reign as the World’s Most Liveable City. Its more affordable, the culture, arts and live music scenes continue to impress and then of course there’s the ease of getting around on its incredible bike network and low-cost public transport system.
Did you also know that:
- Melbourne’s population is predicted to overtake Sydney’s from 2053
- Sydney gets twice as much rain as Melbourne but it also enjoys twice as many sunny days
- Sydney now features more award winning restaurants and bars than Melbourne
- Property prices are booming in Sydney and are sustaining a growth rate of more than double that of Melbourne
- Although Sydney offers higher average wages, not only is property more affordable in Melbourne; transport, education and hotel stays are also significantly cheaper.
Like this infographic? Embed it in your website by copying the HTML below:
As these two cities attract visitors from all over the world we have translated the infographic into the following languages:
- Sidney o Melbourne – Infografico for the Spanish version